- So this is my first cooking/baking/food post and I hope you all like it! I made pretty standard vanilla cupcakes for my friends at school because it is a super crazy week so I thought what's a better Monday pick me up then a cupcake? These cupcakes came out so well, super delicious and I would definitely make them again!! I used recipes from two different sites because I liked them better then the ones that they had together! I doubled both recipes and it made just over 24 cupcakes, more like 28, but I used the leftover batter and made little tiny cupcakes with my muffin top tray!
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- First preheat your oven to 375˚, Usually recipes don't put that until the end but forgetful me always forgets to do it at the beginning and I end up waiting around with my raw cupcakes for my oven to preheat so make sure to do that first!Spoon into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full. Bake until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely before you put the icing on, if they are too hot then the icing will just slide right off!
- Icing Sugar!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (icing or powdered sugar), sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbls milk or light cream
- Food colouring if wanted!
- Use your electric mixer, or hand mixer and cream the butter until smooth. Add the vanilla with the mixer on low, gradually beat in sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the milk and beat on high until light and fluffy (3-4mins). Add a bit more milk of sugar to get the consistency you like! Colour the frosting with some food colour for some extra fun!!
- You can follow along through my pictures as well!
- And there you go! Theres a few of the finished product!
- Hope you liked my first food post, and have a lovely week everyone!
- Read more:http://www.joyofbaking.com/VanillaCupcakes.html#ixzz2mGTgsTcR
Needed Ingredients for the Cupcakes!
Ingredients for the icing sugar!
You are also going to need an electric mixer, a hand mixer will be just fine! Measuring cups and spoons! I got these ones from Urban Outfitters a few years back, aren't they just the cutest!
Add 1-1/2 cups flour and 1 cup of sugar,
Then 1-1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt,
Make sure your 1/2 cup of butter is a bit soft and then throw it in!
1 cup of milk and 2 eggs,
And 1 tsp of vanilla and mix it on high for about 3-4 minutes!
Line or grease your cupcake tray and then fill 3/4 of the way to leave room for them to rise!
Here are the itty bitty cupcake tops I made with the extra mix, two bite cupcakes!
Put in the oven at 375˚ until cooked-test with a toothpick in the centre, if it comes out clean you are golden, about 18 minutes!
Onto the Icing sugar!!
Take 1/2 cup of room temperature butter and cream it then add your 1/4 tsp of vanilla!
Add your 2 cups of icing sugar,
Put in 2 tbls of milk ,
And let it mix until it's light and creamy!
If you want to make it coloured just add a few drops of food dye, stir and Voila!
I didn't have any fancy piping bags at home so I just used a ziploc sandwich bag and snipped the bottom corner and it works great!